Welcome to Canada on your Fingertips, a website dedicated to serve as a one-stop Encyclopedia for Canada, be it the country’s past or present, hosted by our partners MaxiShare. Right from the culture, demographics and historical splendor, to the various tourist attractions, governmental initiatives and welfare projects, there are so many wonderful things to explore here, in the online encyclopedia that goes by the name of Canada on your Fingertips.
Trivia: Did you know these interesting facts about Canada?
- Most of us are well aware of the fact that Canada happens to be the second largest country in the world as far as the total land and marine territories under control are concerned. In terms of simply calculating the total land area, the ranking is gauged as No.4. But the lesser known fact is that the length of the border that Canada shares with the United States, is the longest land border in the entire world!
- Contrary to popular belief, it was not the British who were the first explorers or colonizers to have set foot in Canada. Rather, it was the French who are accredited with the establishment of the first colony in Canada, all the way back in 1534!
- Did you know that the Head of the Federal Parliamentary Democracy of Canada is the Canadian President? Well, of course you do. But the lesser known but widely prolific fact is that Canada is also essentially a constitutional monarchy and it is the Queen of Great Britain Elizabeth II who is the current head.
- Not only does Canada feature in the top 10 list of the world’s best countries in terms of Human Development Index, but also happens to be one of the most liberal countries in the realm of welcoming and accommodating refugees. Time and again, the Canadian ethos of liberalism and multi-cultural beauty have been hailed by world bodies. Apart from the most-measured metrics of per capita income and gross domestic product, this North American country ranks pretty high as far as social parameters such as education, civil liberty and freedom are concerned.
- The crux of Canada’s affluence can primarily be accredited to two factors- the first that it has excellent reserves of natural resources such as forest cover, fossil fuels, marine resources etc. The second reason is that people from various communities across the world have migrated here, and not just added to the diversity of culture, but also the strengthening and vibrancy of the economy in various sectors.